How to turn the Patsy overalls into a pinafore
Today’s post is all about drafting a pinafore starting from the Patsy overalls. It is surprisingly simple to draft (and sew) — you will be wearing your new garment before you know it ! - Cut the back pattern piece (B) on the shorten/lengthen line (this will give you a mid-tigh length).
- Keep the top part only.
- Continue the center back line and cut off the crotch.
- Add the hem allowance (around 5 cm) the bigger the hem is the nicer the pinafore will look ;-)
- Make sure to report all markings (back dart, grain line and pocket placement).
The back piece (B) will still be cut x2 but if you don't want a back seam, you can always take the 1 cm seam allowance from the center back and cut the piece on fold.
- Repeat all steps fror the front piece (F)
The front piece (F) will be cut x2
- Repeat all steps for the front piece (D)
The front piece (D) will be cut x2