How to turn the primo Tshirt into a gathered dress
Today we’re going to see how to alter the Primo t-shirt into a dress with gathers at the waist.
First of all, you need to determine the width and length of the two skirt rectangles.
Length: what ever length you like + 2 cm for the hem allowance.
Width: The larger your rectangle will be the puffier the skirt will be and the more gathers you'll have around your waist. You can follow the table below.
All seam allowances are included
- Cut two rectangles in your fabric, one for the front and one for the back.
EX: I am a size 38, I want my skirt to hit mid-calf and my hight is 168 cm. I will cut two rectangles of 60 cm x 90 cm.
- Trace a copy of the front and back bodice pattern pieces. Draw a line at the waist level, perpendicular to the centre front and cut along it.
- Refer to the Primo instructions for construction, and stop before assembling the side seams.
- To gather the skirt panels, measure the bottom of the front bodice piece and cut one lengths of clear elastic + 6 cm to make it easier to handle when you sew. Repeat for the back bodice.
- Pin the elastic to the skirt fabric leaving a 3 cm tail to hold onto the elastic. Sew the elastic with a zigzag stitch: use your right hand to stretch the elastic and your left hand to ease the fabric under the foot.
- Now complete the construction of your dress: pin and sew your skirt panels to the bodice using an elastic stitch, then sew the side seams of your dress according to the instructions. Hem the skirt.
Voilà ! Hope you'll enjoy your new Primo dress.
In Same Category
No comment at this time!