Pleat asymetrical pants
Pleat, the not so basic pants
Inspired by the traditional pants worn by Thai fisherman, but with a modern silhouette, Pleat is the perfect summer pattern, being both airy and comfortable. It is a straight-legged, high-waisted (sitting right below the belly button) pant with a slightly cropped leg. It can be sewn with or without a front pocket. Pleat is an ideal pattern for motivated beginners- having no side seams and being made up of only 3 pattern pieces (for the view without pockets).
Tip: By cutting out pattern piece A twice, you can make a simple elastic waist pair of pants without the front wrap detail.
All the prototypes were sewn in an organic cotton poplin and home dyed with vegetable dyes except for the gray linen version which was sewn in a linen grown and woven in France from Cousu bio. To learn more about the dyes used, please click here.
Full hips garment ease : 10.5 cm
- Light to Medium weight fabric (120 to 180 gr/m²) ranging from cotton poplin, linen, ramie or hemp, batik, light denim. Avoid very fluid fabrics such as tencel and rayon.
- V1 & V2 - 32 - 46 : 220 x 140 cm
- V1 46 - 52 : 250 x 140 cm
- V2 46 - 52 : 300 x 140 cm
- V1 53 - 58 : 250 x 160 cm
- V2 53 - 58 : 300 x 160 cm
- Range 1: 3 or 4 cm wide knit elastic long enough for your waist.
- Range 2: 4 cm wide knit elastic long enough for your waist.
Click here for informations about the fabrics used for the samples.
How do digital patterns work?
You will receive an email containing a unique URL to download your pattern directly after your purchase is complete. This pattern will be delivered to you in .zip file format and will need to be opened on a computer as iPads cannot read these files.
What files are included in the .zip folder?
- Print at home pattern (A4-LETTER)
- A0/wide copyshop file
- Instruction booklet (French-English-Spanish)